• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

BLUSOL HEAT SHIELD SAVES SOCCER FEET

D

Diane Scavuzzo

SOCCERTODAY Soccer Locker Reveiw: Insert Blusol into Soccer Cleats, Play on Turf and Have Happy Feet​

While injury prevention is not always on the top of every coach’s list, for anyone who has ever played or coached on turf in the heat, the pain of heat blisters is real. Blistered toes can be a nightmare. The consequences are real and can shackle the performance of an elite player. One coach decided this problem had to be solved. Blusol Shoe Inserts for cleats can stop feet from burining on hot turf with NASA-grade technology.

If anyone you know has ever played in the heat on a turf field, you will immediately appreciate the value of BluSol.

The heat rising from the turf field, the intense burning of little toes, the blisters that can appear moments after the cleats and socks come off — there is a clear need for BluSol.

SOCCERTODAY Soccer Locker Reveiw: Insert Blusol into SoccerCleats, Play on Turf and Have Happy Feet

Did you know that on a beautiful 90 degree day, the temperature of the turf could reach up to 180 degrees?

Ever watch a soccer player take of his or her cleats and see heat blisters on 8 out of 10 toes and know they have practice in a couple of days followed by another match soon? Then, add to the situation that many elite players are hyper-concerned when considering placing anything in their cleats that could possibly impede peak performance.

Link to Blusol on Amazon.

The Blusol Heat Shield is a product that was developed to solve a problem.

It doesn’t take long to get heat blisters playing on a turf field.
SOCCERTODAY Soccer Locker Reveiw: Insert Blusol into SoccerCleats, Play on Turf and Have Happy Feet

How to solve this problem? It took a highly experienced soccer coach and a lot of testing to come up with a solution that works.

BluSol can shield feet from the blistering heat, and lower the temperature of the turf surface to the cleat a critical 30 degrees.

The founder of Blusol is Rob Becerra, is New England Revolution‘s Director of Youth Development. A 20-year coaching veteran, Becerra is the former Senior Director of Coaching at San Diego Surf SC and also spent four seasons as an assistant coach at the LA Galaxy. USSF A Licensed Becerra found a solution to blistering toes long before coming to Southern California or moving to the cooler temperatures of New England.

Rob Becerra — Photo Credit: Revolution Communications

Interview with Rob Becerra, Founder Blusol​

Diane Scavuzzo: How did Blusol begin?

Rob Becerra: When I was coaching at Stanford and directing the Palo Alto Soccer Club, we played our games on turf.

I watched my players burn their feet playing on the turf and searched for solutions, but nothing really worked, and yes, we tried foil.

At that point, I started looking at technology for solutions. When I went to work for U.S. Soccer, the project was put on hold but not forgotten. When my kids started playing soccer seriously and complaining, I looked into solutions again.

Diane Scavuzzo: Did you find a solution available on the market? And who helped you?

Rob Becerra: No, I did a web search and found a few things. I tried them out myself and nothing worked so I decided it is time to take matters into my own hands.

I started buying and testing out any material that helped prevent or minimize the transference of heat — I reviewed materials that were fire retardant and had a reflective property.

Blusol is a life project with a purpose — and, everyone in my family is involved.

Everyone has pitched in with support and help and this is truly a family adventure.

When I say everyone, I mean everyone. Parents, uncles, aunts, wife, kids, cousins, long-time friends, extended family and former players have jumped in to help make BluSol happen.

Blusol Heat Shield

Diane Scavuzzo: What did you do?

Rob Becerra: I tested everything myself first. I would put these materials in my shoe and see if they were comfortable and durable.

If it wasn’t comfortable, I knew it would not solve the problem because no soccer player would use it.

If it felt ok, I would continue the practical testing and test it on the turf to determine how well it blocked the heat. Eventually, I created the Blusol lab.

We ran test after test and created prototype after prototype.

We put the soles in soccer players shoes, lacrosse players, football players, tennis players, runners, firemen, policemen, soldiers and construction workers. I wanted to know how the heat shields performed under many conditions and what different people of all ages thought.

After 19 attempts at the Blusol Heat Shield, I found a material that worked. It prevents burning feet, is easy to install, fits all sizes up to men’s 14, does not alter shoe size and is pliable so you can use it with any type of shoe or current insole.

My goal has always been to make sure this is affordable so every kid could wear Blusol and play in comfort.

Diane Scavuzzo: Can you just replace your cleat’s insole with Blusol?

Rob Becerra: Blusol is not an insole and was not designed to replace the insole.

Blusol sticks to the insole so it doesn’t move in the cleat.

It is super thin but powerful. Comfort and protection — most players don’t feel Blusol, and they don’t feel the burning heat coming off the turf.

Why should I buy Blusol Heat Shields? Because we want you to burn the competition, not your feet.

Rob Becerra

In Five Easy Steps:​

• Take your current sole out of your shoe or cleat.
  • Trace around the Blusol Heat Shield Insert.
  • Cut to customize the fit.
  • The Blusol Heat shields are designed to adhere to the bottom of your existing cleat’s insole. Just peel and stick Blusol to the bottom of your insole.
  • Insert Blusol into your cleat — that is it!

In Brief – The benefits of Blusol Heat Shields:

• No more heat blisters.
  • Temperature Regulating Technology.
  • One Size Fits All.
  • Shoe size is not altered.
  • Durability — Will outlast your shoe.
  • Over 30-degree differential from the surface to the cleat.
  • Even protects against cold harsh elements.

For more information go to www.Blusol.com – Blusol is also available on Amazon for $24.95.

Updated 2022

The post BLUSOL HEAT SHIELD SAVES SOCCER FEET appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo