• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

NJ YOUTH SOCCER AND ADIDAS COMMITTED TO THE FEMALE ATHLETE

S

Staff

Committed To The Growth of the Female Player​

Austin Lloyd, NJ Youth Soccer

University of Delaware Students Elise Radesich and Khya Robinson Taking Part in NJYS Internship Program

New Jersey Youth Soccer and adidas are committed to growing opportunities for the female athlete by providing young women with a first-hand opportunity to gain professional experience and learn more about potential future roles within soccer.

Elise Radesich, a New Rochelle, N.Y. native and senior Sport Management major at the University of Delaware, began interning with NJ Youth Soccer this past summer with the goal of assisting event management and the coordination of the NJYS Fall State Cups. Radesich was tasked with supporting NJYS Events Coordinator Nicole Petras by creating detailed event outlines for each NJYS State Cups venue and participating in the onsite implementation of those plans. She also worked on several other administrative projects such as preparing content for Advisory Board meetings, and she assisted many members of the NJYS team throughout her internship.

“My intern experience was a great opportunity for me to meet new people, figure out the exact path I want to go down and to develop new skills,” said Radesich. “The highlight of my experience was working the NJYS State Cups Tournament. My internship was fully remote, and it was nice to be able to go work the event and meet people in person that I had only meet through online meetings. Working the NJYS State Cups was a great experience to learn and understand the backbone behind hosting a sporting event.”

While her internship with NJ Youth Soccer has come to an end, Radesich was grateful for the opportunity to revitalize her interest in soccer and to gain behind-the-scenes knowledge of the youth soccer industry. With fellow Delaware Blue Hen Khya Robinson now taking the reins of the internship position for the spring semester, Radesich advised her to “be confident, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.”

After reviewing the vision and history of work of NJ Youth Soccer, Robinson was instantly intrigued by interning with an organization that does so much for the youth soccer community.

“With my internship experience, I am looking to learn more about every aspect of the organization, youth soccer and event planning,” said Robinson. “Many of us watch games and attend events but do not apply much thought into all the intricate details and work put into allowing the events we enjoy attending to become a reality. I intend to learn everything possible and to expand my knowledge.”

Robinson has tailored her studies and experiences with the goal of working in the Premium Sales, Service and Operations sector. Along with her newfound role at NJ Youth Soccer, Robinson has gained valuable skills as a Wealth Management Transactional Analyst and Abandoned Property Analyst at JPMorgan Chase & Co. She expressed that her key to success has been adaptability and learning the importance of time management.

The Growing the Girls Game (G3) Internship consists of both operational and business aspects of the NJYS industry. The intern assists the NJYS staff with the planning and execution of NJYS initiatives, events and activities such as the Olympic Development Program (ODP), NJYS Annual Awards Dinner Presented by RWJBarnabas Health and NJYS State Cups, as well as provide administrative support for phone inquiries, marketing, outreach programs and on-site event customer service support. This internship is one of the many opportunities being offered by NJ Youth Soccer to support its G3 Initiative, which focuses on empowering females on and off the field at all ages and stages of their soccer career.

For more information about the NJYS Internship presented by adidas, click here. Female students who are interested in applying for an internship should send a resume and cover letter to communications@njyouthsoccer.com.

The post NJ YOUTH SOCCER AND ADIDAS COMMITTED TO THE FEMALE ATHLETE appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo